I made a couple of search on this forum but that did not fetch me what i exactly wish to know.
Obviously, the first question which has been asked millions of times
1. How good is their server performance?I have my site hosted from Godaddy.com. When i go for speed test of my site i always found the speed to be about 0.40 seconds while google and yahoo being 0.01 and 0.04 respectively.
2. I am need JAVA hosting. enom.com seems to offer every thing under one hosting plan which is really good for me.
3. I tried seeing their help files to find out how many times their TOMCAT restarts a day but i guess their help files are restricted to only registered user. Can some one please tell me is there a way to manually restart Tomact in enom.com?
4. The number of MySQL database is not important for me. What i am looking for is how much data can i save into each database. Godaddy.com offered 25 databases, for which i was pretty happy but latter on i figured out that the amount of data i can store is limited to 200 MB only. which is really sad!
Anyone else having trouble getting them to work correctly? I do outsourced support for a few different hosts, as well as handle issues for ours, and there seems to be an unreasonable amount of eNom certificates failing to install correctly.
I'm not sure why they are bombing (module mismatch, etc.), but I was wondering if anyone has any insight on this. This definitely isn't an issue with how they are being installed. No other SSL Certificates that we deal with are having as many problems.
I have a dedicated server using one of my domain as the nameserver; basically ns1.mydomains.com / ns2.mydomains.com
Lately my sites are getting hacked and want to use DNS nameserver provided by the registrar, eNom to hide my domains. For example, if I use dns1.name-services.com/dns2.name-services.com or ns1.domaincontrol.com (GoDaddy), it will be harder for people to track of what domains I own, etc.
Once I change the nameservers to dns1.name-services.com, what do I need to do on the dedicated server/WHM side? A records, CNAME, MX records?
I've always been a seller that's primarily used PayPal only.. However, on my next online venture, we're stepping it up a grade and will be implementing a full CMS system, an e-commerce cart module (or platform in its entirety) and security through SSL certification.
I've taken a look at the SSL certificates offered by eNom and was wondering what you all thought would be the cheapest certificate that is suitable and ready for e-commerce that will process credit cards, etc.
Certainly the more expensive, I can assume is more feature and security laden, but just wanted to know what you all feel is a good balance of price, security and readiness for e-commerce.
i have a strange problem, i use a VPS with CentOs 5 linux and i noticed when i look on the php info page that my email adresss is there and i need to change that email to another one but i don`t know where to do that
I have looked in my HyperVM control panel and in Plesk 9 control panel but i don`t find that adress...where is that set ?
I have just purchased a .info domain just to use for playing about on.. I purchased it from 123-reg.co.uk. I have 3 other domains with them but these are .com, .co.uk and .org.uk domains. All pointing to my VPS nameeservers..
For some reason when i goto add my nameservers to the .info domain it says Error text: Nameserver ns1.playcontrol.co.uk doesn't exists in the registry Error text: Nameserver ns2.playcontrol.co.uk doesn't exists in the registry Ive not encounted this before. My friend purchased a .co.uk domain last night and when i added the nameservers to his it worked fine.
The glorified NetDepot (Gnax) has finally launched it's VPS services with a cool promo: only one buck for the first two months!! cPanel & all IPs you want for low prices, LxAdmin portal (you can install and reinstall a lot of OSs). Does anyone there tried this product? I'm interested in a honest report...
I have been a customer of Microterra.net for the past 2 years. Satisfied customer I might add. However, on 12/11/2007, I received an email telling me they were discontinuing service as of Jan. 8, 2008.
The actual purpose of this post is to let anyone looking for a host know NOT to go to Microterra's site, which still seems to be functioning as if nothing has changed.
We run about 100 sites across our cluster, and we want to be able to view a more detailed report of what's going on across the network. We already have an aggregate AWStats view which shows overall network info...
What we were hoping for was a way to generate a table of each site, the core info for each site (ie: uniques, visitors, pages, hits, traffic) and then to click on the name of the site to go to the actual AWStats reporting page.
The thing is, I've SEEN this tool somewhere... but just can't remember where, and mutliple searches turned up empty.
I have a Magentocommerce shoping cart presently hosted on a dedicated server (2.40GHz , 28 KB Cache celeron processor - 512 MB RAM) and the processor is running on full steam when customer accesses certain pages. This is because the shopping cart is processor intensive. I see that my MYSQL hogs the processor and am looking to VPS to provide me with more power for less cost.
I have slicehost and Linode on my list of VPS providers.
1.Linode offer only RAID-1 against Slichost's RAID-10. Does this matter that much? How do I decide on this?
2. From what I see, on VPS, a 256 MB plan would mean around 40 sites sharing the quad core processor which means, I would get worst case, 250MHz guaranteed from VPS provider. Will this still be better than my present celeron processor. I am unable to compare them.
3. I would like to hire someone reliable to get the VPS server installed with basic LAMP setup and extensions required for Magento. Will someone be able to help me on this? Where do I look for such a service?