i have a strange problem, i use a VPS with CentOs 5 linux and i noticed when i look on the php info page that my email adresss is there and i need to change that email to another one but i don`t know where to do that
I have looked in my HyperVM control panel and in Plesk 9 control panel but i don`t find that adress...where is that set ?
I made a couple of search on this forum but that did not fetch me what i exactly wish to know.
Obviously, the first question which has been asked millions of times 1. How good is their server performance?I have my site hosted from Godaddy.com. When i go for speed test of my site i always found the speed to be about 0.40 seconds while google and yahoo being 0.01 and 0.04 respectively.
2. I am need JAVA hosting. enom.com seems to offer every thing under one hosting plan which is really good for me.
3. I tried seeing their help files to find out how many times their TOMCAT restarts a day but i guess their help files are restricted to only registered user. Can some one please tell me is there a way to manually restart Tomact in enom.com?
4. The number of MySQL database is not important for me. What i am looking for is how much data can i save into each database. Godaddy.com offered 25 databases, for which i was pretty happy but latter on i figured out that the amount of data i can store is limited to 200 MB only. which is really sad!
I have just purchased a .info domain just to use for playing about on.. I purchased it from 123-reg.co.uk. I have 3 other domains with them but these are .com, .co.uk and .org.uk domains. All pointing to my VPS nameeservers..
For some reason when i goto add my nameservers to the .info domain it says Error text: Nameserver ns1.playcontrol.co.uk doesn't exists in the registry Error text: Nameserver ns2.playcontrol.co.uk doesn't exists in the registry Ive not encounted this before. My friend purchased a .co.uk domain last night and when i added the nameservers to his it worked fine.
The glorified NetDepot (Gnax) has finally launched it's VPS services with a cool promo: only one buck for the first two months!! cPanel & all IPs you want for low prices, LxAdmin portal (you can install and reinstall a lot of OSs). Does anyone there tried this product? I'm interested in a honest report...
I have been a customer of Microterra.net for the past 2 years. Satisfied customer I might add. However, on 12/11/2007, I received an email telling me they were discontinuing service as of Jan. 8, 2008.
The actual purpose of this post is to let anyone looking for a host know NOT to go to Microterra's site, which still seems to be functioning as if nothing has changed.
We run about 100 sites across our cluster, and we want to be able to view a more detailed report of what's going on across the network. We already have an aggregate AWStats view which shows overall network info...
What we were hoping for was a way to generate a table of each site, the core info for each site (ie: uniques, visitors, pages, hits, traffic) and then to click on the name of the site to go to the actual AWStats reporting page.
The thing is, I've SEEN this tool somewhere... but just can't remember where, and mutliple searches turned up empty.
I have a Magentocommerce shoping cart presently hosted on a dedicated server (2.40GHz , 28 KB Cache celeron processor - 512 MB RAM) and the processor is running on full steam when customer accesses certain pages. This is because the shopping cart is processor intensive. I see that my MYSQL hogs the processor and am looking to VPS to provide me with more power for less cost.
I have slicehost and Linode on my list of VPS providers.
1.Linode offer only RAID-1 against Slichost's RAID-10. Does this matter that much? How do I decide on this?
2. From what I see, on VPS, a 256 MB plan would mean around 40 sites sharing the quad core processor which means, I would get worst case, 250MHz guaranteed from VPS provider. Will this still be better than my present celeron processor. I am unable to compare them.
3. I would like to hire someone reliable to get the VPS server installed with basic LAMP setup and extensions required for Magento. Will someone be able to help me on this? Where do I look for such a service?
I am filing a complaint with the local FBI office here and would like any help I can get to gather as much information as possible to give him.
The guys full names, phone numbers and any other info available and the addresses of the HostChum company and the VpsWiz company and any prior companies that the guys would have committed fraud at prior.
About 1 month ago I subscribed to a VPS with HostGD.com. I went into it with low expectations, mostly because their domain was registered in Feb 2009 and their prices were too good to be true. (Under $10/mo for 'shared unmetered' bandwidth? It was worth the risk.) I have existing shared hosting for my sites that won't run out until September, so I decided to subscribe then just to see if they were still around by the time my existing hosting ran out. (I'm perfectly satisfied with my current shared host, but I really wanted the ability to install a private SVN repository.)
Anyway, today I got an e-mail stating that they were acquired by OSHS, Open Source Hosting Solutions. Searching here I can't find anyone who's posted any reviews on their service, other than that they seem to just acquire existing hosts and not actually sell anything on their own website.
Does anyone have anything to say about them? Should I keep my VPS and enjoy the nice price hoping that they don't dump me once I move my actual sites over, or should I get out now and look for a more realistic plan elsewhere?
I've had to flee from a shared host before that got acquired, (only for the former owners to start a new company a few months later...) so hence I'm weary of the same thing happening with a VPS. Thoughts?
I've used them before and haven't had issues, but recently purchased a $30 server. I paid through paypal and 3 days later still hadn't heard from them. I e-mailed support and billing several times with no response. On the 4th day I put a claim in on paypal. Vectoral responded within 50mins:
* 12/19/2008 11:38 PST - Buyer: I still have not received my server and I've contacted you numerous times about my server and you've failed to respond. If someone e-mails your customer support you respond back. I will take my money elsewhere.
* 12/19/2008 12:29 PST - Seller: The payment is for a service, a dedicated server lease which is also an intangible item and not covered under PP policies, the user was provided with the server but then requested a refund, our TOS states no refunds are possible. This transaction is not covered under the PP buyer protection policy as its a server lease/service/intangible item. Please close case according with the PP policy. Thank you - kind regards, Vectoral Servers - Evrim SAYINKUL
* 12/19/2008 12:29 PST - PayPal: Seller escalated this dispute to a Claim. " the user was provided with the server but then requested a refund" that line makes me the angriest. They never provided me with my server and haven't responded to ONE support ticket. On top of that they deleted my vectoral login info completely off their site, my e-mail cannot be found.
Their number on [url]is disconnected; also, directory services cannot find them either.
I could careless about $30, but it's ridiculous they won't answer one e-mail, then respond to paypal with details about their TOS.
I'd be VERY careful if you plan on getting a new server through them. It almost feels like they've gone bust or something.
If you have a server through them and wanna cancel because you love me, I'll give the e-mail I used and you can tell them they lost your service because of this. Them losing just one client is worth it to me.
I had never experienced a server other then a dedicated. I decided to use a VPS. I have migrated a few of my accounts on the VPS.
I am experiencing alot of problems. The server keeps running out of sockets. The provider as increase the sockets limits to the maximum.
At first they told me that platinum management had installed some script while hardening the server that was causing the services to stop responding because too many sockets were used.
I agreed to them rebuilding the VPs, them doing the hardening.
Now, same problem. Too many sockets. Every 6 hours I have to open a ticket and ask to do something so that my server becomes functionnal again.
Now they say that it must be a script I am using on the server. I ask them to track that script, and they say the cannot I must list all active script on server.
Now, Im already a bit upset because their definition of fully managed is not what I have come to expect with other provider. For them being fully managed is they will do anything I ask but wont do any proactive task. Even restart the server when it has failed. On top of that, their control panel is not half working and always gives 404 or jams my computer. So Im in the dark, because ssh is not accessible.
I am asking, how can I verify if the node im on is Oversold?
Sales - quickly after I put a ticket if they had any servers in stock they made space for one server and I ordered it.
Support - do you need them? I submitted a ticket to reboot my server but you can do that through the control panel and configure the DNS from there as well etc
Network - the lovely part , fast to all european servers around I can do a full 12mb/s without a problem on my 100mbit server I havent tested the speed to the USA but only to one place but I got 150kb/s (this is just to one host). But I don't need this server for USA so no worries!
Billing - they set my account up in no time , paid with paypal didnt have to send no paperwork in but I am already verified so maybe thats why?
I have a VERY small server with them a 30GB HDD (lol so tiny) and a Celeron something server it runs good so far but after this month (2nd month already) I will be upgrading to a much higher server to the Santa package.
Well there is my quick review I only used them for a month but I can already tell good from bad :| on hosts since they got very good reviews before I signed up with them now upgrading to expand my business