I currently own a reasonably sized VPS paying around 40/$80 a month for it. I am extremely happy with the service but I have recently move from freelance to being hired by a company.
I wish to scale down my costs so looking at other options.
I hear a lot (mostly good) of things about MT and was wondering what peoples experiences are - particular with ease of use, support and uptime.
I would also like to know about how the normal shared hosting option works for people hosting some clients website and email. I currently have around 10 clients hosting with me and 100 emails. Is it easy for clients to use and i assume pop and imap are supported.
I currently run my VPS on cpanel. would it be easy to transfer everything or is it very much of a manual job?
I was wondering if anyone could help me out with a Windows Media Relay. For example, if I have two streams with two different companies. Once stream A is filled up then it will forward to stream B. Or even distribute or just randomly to stream A or B.
I have searched and searched, but nothing seems to work.
I have a vps at 3dgwebhosting I would like to install wms I get it installed but when I try to config. a live publishing point it ask for a url for the encoder and where where is it but also when I try to start the point it will not start can some one help?
im trying to setupa Windows Meida Services Server Locally but i am stuck with one thing, im wanting to have to enter a username and password to send content to the server (push publishing point being run from sam broadcaster) but i cannot for the life of me figure out how to make WMS require a username and password for a broadcast encoder to connect but to allow anyone to listen without user/pass. so im wondering if anyone can provide me some info on this
I just took my first steps into Windows Media Services but I have some problems with the buffering of the stream.
I send from Expression Encoder 2 SP1 to my publishing point on my Windows Media Server.
But when the quality of the video is too high, I get some buffering problems when I'm watching the streamed video with my Windows Media Player. After looking 5 seconds to the stream, the windows media player stops with playing and in the left bottom corner I see the text "buffering". After 3 seconds buffering, the player goes further for a next of 5 seconds of playing and it continously does this.
Has any body had experience with the different solutions available for protection your video/audio stream hosted on windows media server. We are planning on launching Media hosting services and are currently considering Video quota to protect clients streams. If there is any other solution,
Most people probably run Linux on their media servers, but since I don't know much about Linux and the media server we have is unmanaged, I was wondering how you guys feel about running Windows Server 2003 Std on a media server instead of Linux. We'll only be using the server to host Flash video files (.flv) and we'll be serving those vids on websites hosted on other servers, resulting in approx. 50,000-100,000 media views per day (filesizes range from approx. 5MB to 10MB). We don't want to run Windows Media Services, just a Web server (IIS6) and have the Flash video players on the external websites take care of the streaming/downloading part.
I have a company that wants to stream some live events via Windows Media Encoder/Windows Media Player. I believe the best route is to use a WMS, stream to the WMS, then the CDN would pull from there for events. Can someone help me explain a Windows Media Server versus a web server? Can you host web sites on a WMS? Is WMS just an extension to a regular Windows 2003 server?
How do I lock down my Windows 2003 server so NO ONE can terminal service in UNLESS they are connected through the PRIVATE network? The server is hosted with Softlayer which allows a private network.
Basically, I want to connect to the SL private network and then terminal service in to get in.
When I connect to the private network, my primary IP/network is STILL my ISP's network. If I goto ipchicken.com, I see my ISP's ip. However, if I do an ipconfig listing, I see the SL private network ip listed as well (it's just not primary). Hopefully, that won't restrict me from terminal servcing in when I lock down the server.
I have a windows 2003 enterprise (180 day demo) server.
I'm using it to host game servers (and i lighthttpd webserver).
I'm using Deerpark Visnetic Firewall (no hardware router), NOD32, Spybot S&D, a keylogger and Process Guardian.
I want maximum security.
I've already done some registry hacks to prevent some DDOS attacks and ive read about running services under another account, i've created the account and added access for it to run all the system services (via GPO). My problem is that when the computer is rebooted, none of the services start, even though i put the username, password and gave the account full control of the service.
Aside from this, any other tips on maximizing security?
Im also using WinSSH to secure remote desktop and FTP.
Installed Apache Server 2.4.3 (no PHP, etc.) and it was working beautifully for a week or so. Yesterday, I restarted my laptop (nothing changed... no updates that install automatically, etc.) and now Apache won't start. Here are some things I've found out on my quest on figuring out what's wrong:
1. Apache Error Log: [Sat Jan 05 14:18:36.745977 2013] [mpm_winnt:notice] [pid 4116:tid 372] AH00455: Apache/2.4.3 (Win64) configured -- resuming normal operations [Sat Jan 05 14:18:36.745977 2013] [mpm_winnt:notice] [pid 4116:tid 372] AH00456: Server built: Aug 18 2012 14:13:48 [Sat Jan 05 14:18:36.745977 2013] [core:notice] [pid 4116:tid 372] AH00094: Command line: 'C:Apache24inhttpd.exe -d C:/Apache24' [Sat Jan 05 14:18:36.747979 2013] [mpm_winnt:notice] [pid 4116:tid 372] AH00418: Parent: Created child process 3436 [Sat Jan 05 14:18:37.335418 2013] [mpm_winnt:crit] [pid 4116:tid 372] AH00419: master_main: create child process failed. Exiting.
2. Nothing else is using port 80 (or 443, for that matter).
3. Apache will start and stay running if I run httpd.exe from the DOS prompt or double-click it from within Windows just fine.
4. Will not run when launched from within the Services or Apache Service Monitor app.
5. Windows Event Error displays the following error: Faulting application name: httpd.exe, version: 188.8.131.52, time stamp: 0x502f863e Faulting module name: MSVCR100.dll, version: 10.0.40219.325, time stamp: 0x4df2bcac Exception code: 0xc0000417 Fault offset: 0x0000000000070468 Faulting process id: 0x13d8 Faulting application start time: 0x01cdeb8eefaec475 Faulting application path: C:Apache24inhttpd.exe Faulting module path: C:WindowsSYSTEM32MSVCR100.dll Report Id: 2deab70b-5782-11e2-be94-00247e17b5d9 Faulting package full name: Faulting package-relative application ID:
6. I've tried fixing/reinstalling the C+ redistribution files about 3 times now, to no avail (thinking the error in the event file was caused by a bad/corrupt MSVCR100.DLL).
7. The exception code in the event error is: 0xc0000417 = STATUS_INVALID_CRUNTIME_PARAMETER = An invalid parameter was passed to a C runtime function. (But again, reloading the files didn't solve anything).
8. I have tried removing Apache completely, reloading with default settings, etc. and still having the same issue.
9. Out of desperation, I even tried a registry cleaner (CCClean) and CHKDSK on the drive. Both of those didn't fix anything.
This is it... not sure what else to do/try. Again, everything was fine one moment, and it all stopped working after rebooting my system. I've wasted hours into this issue, and have come up empty handed. I'm beyond frustrated at the moment.
EDIT: The download I used for the server is located here: [URL]...
How can I remove " " from properties domain aliases? --------------- Mail service - Mail service is switched on for the domain. mx1.domain.ru., mx2.domain.ru. is used as the mail server. ---------------
We have just installed the plesk version 12. All the installation completed without errors . then we restarted the server . and when we tried to open the plesk through the desktop shortcut we get the error " HTTP Error 503. The service is unavailable."
We have tried the following links fix HTTP , kb6735 .