I moved a web site i developed from shared hosting at fasthosts due to performance issues and beacause I needed a more flexible platform.
I decided to go with webfusion as i'd seen them in the press everywhere.
Everything was working fine and performance was good - however the emails sent from the site (worked fine on shared hosting)- using php mail bounced. was getting ...
18.104.22.168 does not like recipient.
Remote host said: 550 <firstname.lastname@example.org>:
Sender address rejected: Domain not found
Giving up on 22.214.171.124.
However - sending to a hotmail address would work.
I referred to support - first line said they'd have to talk to second line support and get back to me.
Eventually - they called back and basically said everything looks ok on the server - they don't know why it's happening - do some analysis of your own - go on google.
Generally support isn't too hot - 2 days for a reply on a ticket. To cut a long story short -
does anyone know of a VPS host who would know what was wrong and would be able to help someone who is new to the VPS scene as i need to move host fast as the customer wants this resolved asap.
£25/month top budget.
Why don't they put their contact address, phone numbers etc. in their website.
I was almost like email/msn contact the reliablesite guys. but then hold it back. It's like you know less about them.
Why the softsyshosting hostings are *** cheap. they must be loaded.
What do you people think about these hosts and also ************ crystaltech
Anyone hosting with above 4 hosts, or any other suggestions..
I need .NET 3.5 to 2.0, SQL 2005, PHP/MYSQL. do not limit number of databases or database space, I can keep both web+database space within the hosting space. about 1GB space and some generous bandwidth. do not need email as I took it from Google. Unlimited domain or atleast 4-5 domain hosting Unlimited subdomain. Could pay around $5-7/mo Tho I never sold a hosting but would be nice if the reselling option just on the list..
I really didn't wanted to change the current host, been with them for 4 years!!! but they are oldies, and paying about $75 a year for a mere 200 MB space.. its a win 2000 server; and separate cost for sql 2000.
Guess what, I need reliable peoples, and a Great customer service.
talked to IXwebhosting. boooo. Even it was a sales chat. you got to wait a long time to see what's the next text could ever pop up. I didn't like that.
I want to configure ad-supported web hosting same as Godaddy is giving free web hosting with every domain.I want to automatically set a permanent banner ad on customers every web page when a new account is created.
I've setup my ssh to login with keys and passphrase. I would like to do away with passphrases by using agent forwarding. Putty uses Pageant to store private keys, bu from all the tutorials I can find, it's a windows based feature (to add private keys). I've also tried to use ssh-add (a different agent), but it has trouble recognizing my private key passphrase (made with putty). I know the private key is working because I'm able to use use ssh without a password, just the phrase.
What's the best way to do this? Is there a putty pageant command line that I don't know about?
I tried adding an apache service node to PPA Admin Node.
I referred to the specs at [URL] ....
Specifications of the Apache server node are:
RHEL 6.4 64bit RAM 3GB CPU 2.5GHz Free Space 18GB Ports Opened: 80, 443: HTTP, HTTPS 8352-8999: Communication between a service node and PPA panels 22: Communication through SSH 20, 21: FTP connections
But when I tried adding it as a service node, PPA says The Linux platform installed on the remote host 'xx.xx.xx.xx' is not supported. Please, check the list of supported platforms.
I have folders / files on my website that I want people to be able to access, but when I try to access them via a browser I get a login prompt, "Your not welcomed here", and a 401 Authorization Required page. How can I make it (using SSH or FTP) so that these files are viewable from the browser? My server is running Fedora.
I'm having some serious issues.. I moved to a new dedicated server company and found out that the IP block I was on was blacklisted with 5 anti-spam lists.
However, the company is great and they have managed to get the IP block out of every single black list.
However, I am still having issues. My server does not seem to be listed on any blacklists but emails sent out to various places, get bounced back with the following types of errors.
Any suggestions or advice? Any server administrators who think they can fix this? Please PM me with your quote.
Code: SMTP error from remote mail server after initial connection: host umip1.um.edu.my [126.96.36.199]: 554 umip1.um.edu.my
Code: SMTP error from remote mail server after initial connection: host mailfilter.hi-light.com.tw [188.8.131.52]: 554-IP650-02.hibox.hinet.net 554 Your access to this mail system has been rejected due to the sending MTA's poor reputation.
Code: SMTP error from remote mail server after initial connection: host gateway.kaf.com.my [184.108.40.206]: 554-gateway.kaf.com.my 554 Connections from your server *ip removed* are being refused due to poor reputation.
We are an established owner of three data centres outside of London. We are looking at either a half or full lockable rack in either Global Switch 1 or 2 (ideally with 24/7 managed hands) in order to terminate a backhaul circuit there.
We are also interested in a similar arrangement in TH-E.
We only require around 2 amps as the space will only house an edge router and switch for inter/cross connects.
I require a VPS system for my main dedicated (Softlayer, 4GB ram - to become 8gb ram after implementation, Dual Xeon 4 CPU).
I need to decide whether to use HyperVM (Lxlabs) or some other sort of system (Not Viruozzo had a bad experience with them a few months ago). I want something good and easy setup and efficient. I don't require EYE-CANDY.
I need to know what you recommend and what is easy to setup. I could also pay a third party organization for setting it up (if they have the knack for it and experience).
I would like to know everyone's experience (hosts and users) on what they like or prefer (except Virtuozzo/Parallel which I wont even consider anymore).
Also my main server has CPanel with around 100 web sites already on. Can I install hypervm or such on the existing server or do I need a fresh server for the same. The VPS accounts based on hypervm or such will end up having cpanel vps licensing anyhow since I am pro-CPanel (anti Parallel) (No plesk)
Ive been searching around recently for a webhost to setup my online development area. The following are my requirements, so if you could point me in the right direction i would be extremly grateful!
Windows Hosting (durr! at least 2 gig space/50 gig bw). ASP.NET 2.0 & AJAX 1.0 (3.5 would be even better, but i can wait until it comes out of BETA). SQL 2000/2005 (I will need upto 10 databases, but none of these stupid 100mb database limits. I would prefer if space as taken out of my web space. ISAPI_REWRITE module (i like to make pretty urls!).
I would prefer UK based servers, but i'll make do with US.
Is 1 hour network reconfiguration downtime unavoidable with every Hosting Provider?
Today I got explanation from RackSpace why they needed to bring my server down for an hour when they install Hardware firewall (see below).
Could you comment if it's really necessary have 1 hour downtime in that case?
Here's how I see appropriate maintenance: - Install and plug Firewall's power and external network cable without touching production server (no downtime yet). - Connect test machine behind firewall and test if firewall works properly (no downtime yet). - Switch network cable so it connects Production server to Hardware Firewall (20 seconds downtime).
Why couldn't the maintenance be done that way?
Anyway, here's response from RackSpace: ======= I have answered questions 1-3 below and will be passing this ticket over to our network technicians in order to get questions 4-6 answered for you.
1) Why installing hardware firewall brought my server down by almost an hour? When working this type of maintenance to add firewall:
1. Mark ticket In Progress 2. Grab parts for maintenance 3. Put Public comment in ticket we are starting maintenance. 4. Log into server(at console or remotely). 5. Verify if other users are logged in. 5a. If users are logged in, we send them a message stating server is shutting down in X minutes. 5b. If no users are logged in, go to next step. 6. Shut server down. 7. Open the server. 8. Remove back plate from an open PCI slot. 9. Install PIX 501 card into PCI slot. 10. Screw PIX 501 power supply card in place. 11. Find open Powersupply connection and connect it to back of PIX 501 power card, since this will provide power for firewall. 12. Put side panel back on whitebox. 13. Install the firewall below the rack. We have to mount it to the rack the whitebox sits on. These are racked underneath the rack for each whitebox server. We use zip ties to hold it to the rack in place. 14. Put server back on rack. 15. Plug in power and network connections. 16. Connect console to server and verify server boots up fine. 17. Log in at console and verify it can ping NAT Gateway IP(192.168.100.1) 18. Verify if server can pint out to google or some other site
19. If we are unable to ping out or ping gateway IP, we will have to double check network connections and work with NetSec to resolve issues. This could be port speed issue since the PIX 501 firewalls require the port speed to be at 10Mb.
20. If server is pinging out fine, DCOPS will come back into DCOPS room and verify we can get to server remotely. 21. If server is not remotely accessible, we will have to go back to console and see if they are running any firewall software that is preventing access or if port RDP is using is changed. 21. Change status of server to online complete. 22. Send Public comment stating server is back online. 23. Close ticket. 24. Route Contract Received ticket for firewall over to Network Security to have them online firewall.
Downtime was necessary to install PIX 501 power card since the firewall gets power through this card.
2) How 1 hour downtime goes together with "Zero downtime" RackSpace slogan? Zero downtime means that your network will be up 100% of the time. However when upgrading your configuration (adding a firewall) there needs to be a certain amount of downtime in order to add this firewall to your configuration. Whenever a hardware upgrade is made there will be hardware downtime involved. The amount of time will vary depending on the hardware upgrade.
3) Why the length of downtime was communicated to me only at the beginning of downtime, and not some time prior to that? As we spoke about over the phone today I apologized for XXX not conveying the amount of downtime you will have during this maintenance. I have already spoken with him about this and moving forward if there are any maintenances that need to take place on your account your new Account Manager YYY and XXX will make sure and go into exact detail about the amount of downtime you should expect. Consider this mis-communication taken care of from now on. =======
Is it really necessary to shut down production server just to plug Hardware Firewall power?