I have configured Apache+Tomcat on Linux server. I have configured 50+ domains not problem is that sometime when i configure new domain and restart the service and access the url http://domain.com i get following error ----->
HTTP Status 404 - /
type Status report
description The requested resource (/) is not available.
but when i access same url with file like [url]i able to access that url and working fine. same problem for subdomain also [url]same error but [url]is working so can anyone tell me what is the exact problem and how to solve this problem.
Note:- Other domains are working fine this problem is only with 2-3 domains and subdomain and secondly i have also set DirectoryIndex index.html index.jsp index.php
Please check my server.xml and httpd.conf ------->
I am so lost I am using both plesk for linux 8 and plesk for windows 8 I am trying to figure out how to have one master dns server for all domains regardless of which server they are hosted on. So if I have ns1.mydomain.com and ns2.mydomain.com I want to have it across the board on all servers is this possible in plesk and how would I go about doing this.
I have hired two servers for plesk and I have the mail configured in one server and the website in another one, it all seems to work fine except for a problem.
When the server where the website is tries to send a message through a smtp account it canÂ´t send it, it seems to be looking for the mail server in the same server where the website is instead of look for it in the other server.
i check my site on checkdns.com and its show me this Error Report
CheckDNS.NET is verifying if NS are alive[url] NS list mismatch: registration authority reports that domain is hosted on the following servers: 'ns.sitename.com; ns1.sitename.com', but DNS server ns.sitename.com reports domain to be hosted on 'ns.sitename.com'. Please make sure that you configure the same DNS servers in registrar database and on your DNS
A lot of domains are running more then one NameServer, but I could not find any tutorial on how to "clone" the NS from one to an other. Is it enough to just add some kind of "transfer to IP setting" in bind, or do I have to have scripts that download settings and files from one server to an other regularly?
On my server I'd like to keep sites as fast as possible and not drain too much on the server. I don't have many users, but I'd like to get it right the first time. What's the best DB engine to use? What about other settings? I'm not sure I should run caching yet, I'm not under much load.
how come I can't route all traffic through openvpn.
1. I was able to ping my client and server ip no problem. So the tunnel connection is fine.
The problem is i can't route internet traffic through openvpn.
I was able to ping from tun0 interface after i add below command iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -s 10.8.0.0/24 -o eth0 -j MASQUERADE
root@host188 [/etc/openvpn/config]# ping -I tun0 184.108.40.206 PING 220.127.116.11 (18.104.22.168) from 10.8.0.1 tun0: 56(84) bytes of data. 64 bytes from 22.214.171.124: icmp_seq=1 ttl=55 time=8.94 ms 64 bytes from 126.96.36.199: icmp_seq=2 ttl=55 time=8.65 ms 64 bytes from 188.8.131.52: icmp_seq=3 ttl=55 time=8.90 ms
However, my client can't ping 184.108.40.206 from vpn tunnel and I use tcpdump I saw the traffic coming.
downloaded WAMP5_1.7.0. Prior to downloading I was freaking out wondering if I was going to screw up my computer with software conflicts, but I pressed on. I read the Apache information regarding IIS / Apache conflicts. The tutiorial told me to check the services installed on my computer. The tutorial told me to look for a service titled "World Wide Publishing" The service (WWP) did not exist so I proceeded to the WAMP installation wizard. I installed it. Apache does not display in the services window. As if it does not exist. Apache will not fire up. From what I got from the instructions at Apache, it seems there are alot of modifications I can perform to setup Apache correctly. The long and short of it is I connot see my see what my HTML/PHP code is spitting out because Apache never fires up. Can anyone give me some pointers on setting WAMP up in plain ENGISH? Just a note, when I float my mouse over the Apache icon, a little mouse over windows comes up saying "one of two servers running". Is ISS enabled on my computer? I'm frustrated. Any help regarding this matter is worth a beer (or 12).
I purshased a web hosting and I uploaded just one folder to it with my email contact form. The fact is that Google is already listing my site but it is showing the full content of my HTML public folder! Everyone could search my site like an FTP! I don't really want that. How can I avoid that? I just want web browsers to show my web pages, not the folders neither my HTML public folder with all my files: scripts, photos, etc.
Google is showing all this:
Index of /[DIR] Parent Directory 15-Jan-2007 07:58 - [DIR] cgi-bin/ 15-Jan-2007 02:37 -. Apache/1.3.37
Maybe the solution is too easy but for me it is a nightmare right now.
Between our Linux servers, I can get speed up to 80Mbps when transferring big files. However, between Linux and Windows, it's just around 800Kbps - 2Mbps. It shows in network connection properties that connected at 100Mbps, but not sure why it's so slow
Is there any setting I should pay attention? Running Windows 2003 on that box.
This is a instructional overview thread for those developers who are getting into setting up their own server with a LAMP (Linux Apache MySQL PHP) setup. The linux distro referred to in this thread is a centOS (fedora|redhat) setup.
- Make sure that your actual RAM is the same amount that is displayed by the server (there could be some BIOS restrictions on RAM so check for that).
Linux OS Installation
- Use a server system for the type of install. ------------------------------ - Setup you partitions with care: - Make sure that everything other than /swap is an ext3 partition type. - /swap (usually double the amount of space that your ram has but never larger than 4 gigs. - /tmp (700meg is ok). - /boot (100meg is ok). - / (leave rest of the available space in the harddrive for this). ------------------------------ - Use GRUB boot loader - Use DCHP only if your IP address changes due to the network. If not, then assign the IP address of the box. - Assign the netmask if DCHP is not in use. ------------------------------ - When setting up the packages, select only what you need. Most of the time it's better to just install no packages and then install everything you need by yum (yellowdog update manager). If you do not select any packages, only the 1st CD of the linux install will be needed.
Linux OS Customizing
- Create a new user and provide it a password (with # passwd). Do not create a user with a generic or commonly known names used in any daemon programs (ex. mysql, apache, admin, user, php, postgresql). - Disable the ROOT login in SSH (this means that when you login using the other user with SSH, you'll have to $ su to the root user). - Install "Development Tools" with yum using group install if you plan to compile your own apache. If not then install apache with yum install apache.
- Disable the extensions that you're not using for your website. If the server is only hosting one website, then there is no use for Virtual Hosts. - Set the ServerLimit value to a suitable value so that users won't get locked out of the website. - Change the User and Group directives to the newly created user. - Set Options +Indexes to Options -Indexes so that the contents of directories w/o an index file will not be displayed. - Change the DocumentRoot setting to the newly created user's home (~) directory. Or if you plan to use the default (/var/www/htdocs or /var/www/html) then assign the permissions of the user to that directory. - Add apache as a start up program when the operating system boots up (this can be set in /etc/rc.d/local). - Setup logs accordingly. If you setup image logging and your server has 20+ images per page then your website performance can suffer. - Setup Error Logs to a suitable level. - If any web pages are not displaying and the web server appears to be on when accessing it from the localhost (wget http://localhost) then disable or flush the iptables (/usr/sbin/iptables --fliush). You should also set this as a start up option for the OS. - Use mod_rewrite to use modern URLs.
- Use --skip-name-resolve. - Use --skip-bdb (if you're not using it). - Use --skip-innodb (if you're not using it). - Set a log for slow queries. - Set the max_connections to a high value. - Do not set a user with a wildcard ip-address. Only setup users with a specific ip. - Use Query Caching for frequently used queries.
- Disable Magic Quotes. - Disable Register Globals. - Disable Short Tags. - Disable ERROR REPORTING if the website is not in development mode. - Enable HTTP Only Session Cookies. - Set Session Cookies to only be cookies (and not URL's). - If sessions do not work, then set the session save path to a directory where the apache user has access to. - Use Gzip Compression.
- Use an optcode cache for PHP (Eaccelerator). - Consider using a static domain for CSS and JS files (this way the same cookies for the website won't be sent on each request). - If your website uses alot of CSS and JS files per page, bundle all of them together into one request using mod_rewrite and php [url] - For Apache, use the lingerD module (this reduces the amount of resources that are used when an apache connection is closed).
Here are some links for optimizing your server build:
I have 2 servers, 1 has its DNS sorted out, and I have a domain on it. The other is an unmanned dedicated server. I need to configure plesk, and I understand it needs a valid DNS to function.
What I want from the second server is simply for its pages, content etc to be accessed via the IP address, not a domain, as it is purely a media server. So how can I configure this? I created a virtual domain but the plesk server shows the default folder content and not the virtually created one, how can I get the server to point to my virtually created folder content?
when i set the Backup Destination to ( /home/cpbackup/daily/) this error appear to me
Quotas cannot be built! Your cpbackup destination is on a filesystem which has quotas enabled. Please move it to a filesystem which does not have quotas turned on or a separate partition/disk slice mounted at /backup.Backup has been disabled to prevent quota problems...
I want to include script wpisz.php from /srv/www/vhosts/default/htdocs into /srv/www/vhosts/domena.pl/httpdocs/, but i recive this error:
Code: Warning: main() [function.main]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/srv/www/vhosts/domena.pl/httpdocs/wpisz.php) is not within the allowed path(s): (/srv/www/vhosts/default/htdocs:/tmp) in /srv/www/vhosts/default/htdocs/index.php on line 3
Warning: main(/srv/www/vhosts/domena.pl/httpdocs/wpisz.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: Operation not permitted in /srv/www/vhosts/default/htdocs/index.php on line 3
Warning: main() [function.include]: Failed opening '/srv/www/vhosts/domena.pl/httpdocs/wpisz.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/share/php') in /srv/www/vhosts/default/htdocs/index.php on line 3
So, I ask you to help me to set it up (propably open_basedir) in that way in which will it work fine. But please.. use a simple language and describe the solution step-by-step because I'm not doing well whith this..
to configure mod_wodan but received no response. As I couldn't do it myself, I'm now trying to install mod_proxy. Bellow are the relevant sections of the httpd.conf file. The problem is that, though the web server starts correctly, I can't access the [url]. ......................................................
root@host [~]# pecl install fileinfo WARNING: "pear/Fileinfo" is deprecated in favor of "channel://php-src/ext/fileinfo/in php sources" WARNING: channel "pear.php.net" has updated its protocols, use "channel-update pear.php.net" to update downloading Fileinfo-1.0.4.tgz ... Starting to download Fileinfo-1.0.4.tgz (5,835 bytes) .....done: 5,835 bytes 3 source files, building running: phpize Configuring for: PHP Api Version: 20041225 Zend Module Api No: 20060613 Zend Extension Api No: 220060519 building in /var/tmp/pear-build-root/Fileinfo-1.0.4 running: /root/tmp/pear/cache/Fileinfo-1.0.4/configure checking for egrep... grep -E checking for a sed that does not truncate output... /bin/sed checking for gcc... gcc checking for C compiler default output file name... a.out checking whether the C compiler works... configure: error: cannot run C compiled programs. If you meant to cross compile, use `--host'. See `config.log' for more details. ERROR: `/root/tmp/pear/cache/Fileinfo-1.0.4/configure' failed
./configure is looking for the configuration program called MagickWand-config, but my configuration program in the /ext/magickwand directory was simply configure. I just did a cp configure MagickWand-config and then the ./configure proceeded without any problems.
I don't know why I typed SMTP in the title. I meant just the mail server. I just posted a message saying that my VPS is down due to FDCServers being down as they supply my host.
I can live with a 24 hr blackout on my site (however definitely not happy about it).
What I can't live with is having my mail.mydomain.com server being down at all. I run my VPS and host a few sites from it including a few clients. I need to make sure that my email doesn't go down when my VPS goes down.
How can I go about this? If I purchase a second VPS plan can I have that run just my email server for me? If so, how much in resources do I need? Will a cheap plan do the trick (ie. 64mb Ram or something)?